Why Single Men Should Learn to Cook


I never cooked. I had little interest, although I loved food, didn't know men that cooked, and really saw no reason to. Sure, I could and did grill like most men, but I'd never even used an oven never mind flour or most other ingredients. I did notice something however. My friend Bob could cook, it was pretty cool, and women were crazy for Bob. A single man that can cook and does cook for women is still a rarity and women certainly do love it!
Cooking is very easy, and if you screw up you can always order a pizza or go out. I usually preface my attempts with, "I'd like to cook dinner for you, but it doesn't always work out" or similar. It's the thought that counts, and if you pull it off, and you usually will, so much the better.
You can take cooking classes. Many men do, and it's also a great place to meet women too. You can suggest doing homework together, which usually involves cooking and eating. You don't need to take classes though as cooking, at least the basics, are very easy.
The idea is to learn to cook maybe 2 or 3 things you like. Even many fancy dishes like creme brulee and rack of lamb are actually pretty trivial to cook. Anyone, and I mean anyone, can learn to do them. Once you get a very few basic dishes down, and impress your lady friends, you might want to expand your repertoire of dishes or you might be happy as is.
You can always serve a multicourse meal yet keep it very simple. Soup or appetizers can be bought premade, a salad is trivial to whip up should you choose, you cook the main course, and maybe get a simple yet elegant dessert from a local bakery. If you cook the desert, so much the better, but most chef's don't even cook desserts themselves!
So, make a short list of a few dishes you love. Talk to a friend who cooks or look up recipes and directions online and see which of those dishes seem relatively easy. The first time or two, try them on yourself or guy friends just in case. And then try them for a women. Incidentally, many of my female friends find a man in the kitchen, especially one who needs help, irresistible and very desirable. I can cook pretty well, at least the 7 or 8 things I know how to cook, yet don't understand some real cooking basics, and my female friends love to help me.
I write on many topics including relationships and health. See some of my latest articles at Womans Hair Loss Advice and Female Hair Loss Shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment